Gaylord Hotels is the large convention hotel brand of Marriott International. It consists of four large hotels with attached convention centers and one overflow support hotel property. The properties are owned by Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc.
Before changing its name and handing over the management of the hotels to Marriott, Ryman Hospitality was named Gaylord Entertainment Company. Until the Nashville hotel's 1996 expansion to almost 3,000 rooms and subsequent announcement of a future Opryland Hotel Florida, the hospitality group was a modest division of the Opryland USA properties of Gaylord Entertainment.
- Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee, along with the Inn at Opryland, a Gaylord Hotel
- Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee, Florida
- Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord National in National Harbor, Maryland (near Washington, D.C.)
- Gaylord Rockies in Aurora, Colorado (under construction, expected to open Q4 2018)
- Gaylord Bayfront in Chula Vista, California (permits approved, expected to open Q1 2021)
In 2010, Gaylord struck a deal with DreamWorks Animation to create character breakfasts and other activities with Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and other DreamWorks characters.
On May 31, 2012, Marriott International agreed to buy the rights to manage Gaylord's four hotels for $210 million in cash.
From 2002 to 2009, Gaylord Hotels was the primary sponsor of the Music City Bowl, a postseason college football game held each year in Nashville. As of 2011, the company continues to be a secondary sponsor.
Video Gaylord Hotels
Maps Gaylord Hotels
- Official site
Source of the article : Wikipedia