Paris Las Vegas is a hotel and casino located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. It is owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment Corporation.
The theme is the city of Paris, France; it includes a half scale, 540-foot (164.6 m) tall replica of the Eiffel Tower, a sign in the shape of the Montgolfier balloon, a two-thirds size Arc de Triomphe, a replica of La Fontaine des Mers, and a 1,200-seat theatre called Le Théâtre des Arts. The front of the hotel suggests the Paris Opera House and the Louvre.
The Paris is linked via a promenade to its sister property, Bally's Las Vegas, through which it is linked to the Las Vegas Monorail at the Bally's & Paris station.
Video Paris Las Vegas
In May 1995, Bally Entertainment, owner of the adjacent Bally's Las Vegas, announced the projects at a shareholders meeting. Paris was designed by architectural companies Leidenfrost/Horowitz & Assoc., Bergman, Walls & Assoc. and MBH Architects. The design architect of the project was Bergman Walls Associates. Herbert Horowitz, Partner of Leidenfrost/Horowitz & Assoc., was executive architect and signed all plans.
Bally broke ground for the Paris Las Vegas on April 18, 1997, and construction began in May on the 24 acres (9.7 ha) parcel. It was built at an estimated cost of $760 million. Original plans for the Eiffel Tower called for a full-scale replica, however that would have interfered with the nearby McCarran Airport and designers therefore reduced it to approximately 1:2 scale. The hotel is 33 stories tall. A unique architectural aspect of the Paris is that the back legs of its Eiffel Tower actually come down through the ceiling into the casino floor.
Paris Las Vegas opened on September 1, 1999, with fireworks being shot from the Eiffel Tower. French actress Catherine Deneuve flipped a switch, turning on all of Paris' lights, including the various crystal chandeliers in the main lobby.
On January 31, 2007, Paris Las Vegas premiered its new show The Producers, headlined by David Hasselhoff. There were reports of friction between the show's producers and Hasselhoff and he announced he would leave May 6 due to other commitments. The Producers refocused on Max, played by Tony Danza. Danza came on as the celebrity actor for the show until The Producers closed on February 9, 2008. Barry Manilow has headlined at the Paris since March 6, 2010.
To counter the 2008-2009 economic downturn, Harrah's focused on marketing its properties to specific segments of the population; as a result Paris is being marketed heavily towards gay and lesbian travelers.
Beginning in 2010, Caesars Entertainment Corporation has begun a series of improvement projects that will see some removal of the Parisian theme. Caesars is beginning to phase out the French greeters around the property, and in early 2010 begun a major remodel project at the front entrance. The project debuted in Spring 2011 and includes a new nightclub dubbed 'Chateau' and the largest Sugar Factory store on the Strip. It was announced in early December 2010 that the hotel's famous steakhouse Les Artisies would close at the end of January 2011 to make way for Gordon Ramsay Steak. The controversial icon's restaurant opened in June 2011.
The Chateau nightclub opened in early March, 2011. The nightclub overlooks the Strip and spans more than 45,000 square feet (4,200 m2) in a two-story, outdoor setting. Outside, guests will find a 10,000-square-foot (930 m2) terrace overlooking the Strip with VIP cabanas and three additional bars. During the day, the terrace will serve as a beer garden and restaurant, opening at 10 a.m.
In 2015, Hexx Kitchen & Bar and Hexx Chocolate & Confexxions was opened in the space formerly occupied by the Sugar Factory. Hexx is the first "bean-to-bar" chocolate maker in Nevada.
In 2016, Beer Park by Budweiser opened on a 10,000-square-foot (930 m²) deck overlooking the Las Vegas Strip. It is Las Vegas' first rooftop bar and grill.
Maps Paris Las Vegas
- In the 2006 miniseries 10.5: Apocalypse, Paris is seen sinking in a massive sinkhole caused by acidic water undermining the underground limestone (barring the Eiffel Tower replica, which collapses while it sinks) along with the rest of the city.
- In the 2007 film Resident Evil: Extinction, Paris is seen buried in sand, along with the rest of Las Vegas, several years after a zombie apocalypse. One of the characters climbs the Eiffel Tower replica to escape a horde of zombies.
- Lester Nygaard (Fargo) got Insurance Salesman of the Year 2007 Prix there.
- In the 2009 film 2012, Paris, along with the rest of The Strip, is destroyed.
- In the 2010 animated film Despicable Me, Gru is shown to have stolen the Eiffel Tower replica along with the Statue of Liberty replica from the New York-New York Hotel and Casino.
- The Eiffel Tower replica is destroyed by the female MUTO in the 2014 film Godzilla.
- Pteranodons land on the Eiffel Tower in the post-credits scene of 2018's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- List of Caesars Entertainment properties
- List of casinos in Nevada
- Official website
- Media related to Paris Las Vegas at Wikimedia Commons
Source of the article : Wikipedia